What is the difference between a physician assistant and a nurse practitioner?
Let’s learn what is the difference between a physician assistant and a nurse practitioner. The most accurate or helpful solution is served by Yahoo! Answers.
There are ten answers to this question.
A physician's assistant has more education, and can prescribe medications. A nurses practitioner has...
I know that a nurse practitioner is probably the highest achievable position for a nurse, one step above a BSN (Master's). They are allowed to prescribe drugs to people, etc. ...show more
PAs have to have doctors sign off on everything they do. In some states NPs can function independently...
I was planning on becoming a PA until I did more research about Nurse Practioners. From what I can tell, their job descriptions are very similar. What are the main differences?
Nurse Practioners can prescribe medications, I believe.
I know they both require a master's degree (well, in my area that is what is offered). I also know that a PA is second to the doctor (with similar education), but I would like to ...show more
You other answerers are not correct. First of all, the national average has PAs slightly better paid...
Are they both used in the NICU or the labor and delivery area? What are the responsibilities that differentiate a PA from an NP?
A Nurse Practitioner starts off as a registered nurse, and then gets advanced eduction to become an...
Both provide patient care, preventive care, and health promotion, however, there are major differences...
An RN has a masters and clinical experience. A PA is trained to provide health care services, as delegated...
A physician assistant is a health care professional practice medicine w/ supervision of physician.A...
A physicians Assistant is someone who goes to Medical School and doesn't do an internship. They are...
The average salary of a nurse practitioner in the US is $81,000. A physician's assistant will average...
Related Q & A:
- What is the difference between a Medical Assistant and a Medical Office Assistant?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers
- Specifically, what is the difference between a physician assistant and a medical assistant?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers
- What is the difference between a LPN,LVN, and a medical assistant?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers
- What are the responsibilities of a physician assistant?Best solution by bls.gov
- What is the difference between a sales assistant and a sales advisor?Best solution by uk.answers.yahoo.com
Just Added Q & A:
- How many active mobile subscribers are there in China?Best solution by Quora
- How to find the right vacation?Best solution by bookit.com
- How To Make Your Own Primer?Best solution by thekrazycouponlady.com
- How do you get the domain & range?Best solution by ChaCha
- How do you open pop up blockers?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers