Would you rather hire somebody with experience or a college degree?
Let’s learn would you rather hire somebody with experience or a college degree. The most accurate or helpful solution is served by Yahoo! Answers.
There are ten answers to this question.
If you had a business and there's someone who had a few years of experience doing something similar to the job they are applying for but only had a high school education or ...show more
A college degree gives you knowledge of the task. The experienced worked has experience and knowledged...
In my opinion, the person with experience is going to benefit your business more. I've been overlooked several times because I do not have a degree nor do I have time to get one.
It depends on the field. I would consider both candidates, but without any other information I would...
I'm a quick learner, so I started working in my field some years before I started taking classes in it, and for the last decade have worked at world-class institutions and facilities. Grad-school admissions folk were wowed by my CV, but now I'm short...
Degrees don't mean as much in academia as most people seem to think they do. Yes, most professors will...
A number of my classmates (at a liberal arts college) majored in geology. One is now a professor at...
Totally agree with Wide awake pheonix, it all depends on the type of job and the requirements of the...
I have worked as a Mortgage Broker for about 2 years. I have a college degree (B.S. - Physics/Geology...
I graduated at the end of Summer and since then have been working to build a portfolio but it is difficult. I never got an internship or anything like that and I have a degree in ...show more
You may have to find a company that will hire you as an intern or volunteer. It's a horrible job market...
As daily I get a couple of hours of "Me-Time", I tend to do something productive and wanted to do some freelancing. Its fun, productive, money. So I turned to popular freelancing websites like Freelancer.com, GetACoder.com etc... They are...
I am assuming that you were not talking about a freelancing site exclusively for students, because that...
I'm a web designer/developer. I've been self taught my whole life, but now that I'm getting higher up in my career and more people interested in me as upper level management experience. I dropped out of college and taught myself everything I know. Now...
I maxed out as a developer after about 8-9 years. Then I went and got a bachelors in business/management...
Related Q & A:
- How many U.S. presidents have not had a college degree?
- Are there any high paying desk jobs, that require a college degree?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers
- What college courses can I take to get an A.A. paralegal degree?Best solution by pennfoster.edu
- Is it okay to go to an online college for a teaching degree?Best solution by wgu.edu
- What are some good paying jobs (starting at 40,000+) that do not require a college degree?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers
Just Added Q & A:
- How many active mobile subscribers are there in China?Best solution by Quora
- How to find the right vacation?Best solution by bookit.com
- How To Make Your Own Primer?Best solution by thekrazycouponlady.com
- How do you get the domain & range?Best solution by ChaCha
- How do you open pop up blockers?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers