What is the pH of a solution of 0.15 M formic acid?
Let’s learn what is the pH of a solution of 0.15 M formic acid. The most accurate or helpful solution is served by Yahoo! Answers.
There are ten answers to this question.
The pKa of formic acid is 3.75. This indicates that the acid does not ionize very much. The F&ndash...
Calculate the pH of a buffer solution that is 0.250M in formic acid, HCOOH, and 0.200 M in formate ion, HCOO-. The ionization constant for formic acid is 1.80^
You can use either the expression for Ka, or you can calculate pKa and use the Henderson-Haselbalch...
now I calculated the Molarity to be 0.174 M I THINK thats the initial because it comes from the 32.9g and I dont beleive this is a strong acid. So my equation is HCOOH + H2O <> H3O + HCOO- SO the initial concentrations would be HCOOH =0.174 H3O...
Since it's a weak organic acid-You must use the Ka value and mass action expression to find [H+] Ka...
One litre of a buffer solution was prepared by dissolving 0.005 mole of formic acid and 0.0070 mole of sodium formate in water. Ka for formic acid is 1.8 x 10-4. (a) Calculate the pH of the solution. (b) If this solution was diluted to ten times its...
a) 3.89 b) 3.89
30.0 mL of 0.015 M KOH 50.0 mL of 0.015 M benzoic acid please solve
This is a buffer problem. The buffer has a weak acid, C6H5COOH, and its conjugate base, C6H5COO^-. moles...
HCOOH + NaOH = HCOONa + H2O 100mL of 0.2M HCOOH contains 0.10L x 0.2M = 0.02mole 10mM of NaOH = 0.0...
An aqueous solution of barium hydroxide has a pH of 9.78 at 25*C. Calculate the concentration of the base. Could someone please explain these two questions to me. Thanks.
pH = 9.78 which mean the pOH = 14 - 9.78 = 4.22 This means the [OH] = 1x10^-4.22 or more conventionally...
To calculate the pH of an aqueous solution you need to know the concentration of the ion in moles per...
The acid dissociation constant (Ka) for formic acid is 1.8 x 10^-4. We would need to know the amount...
The acid dissociation constant (Ka) for formic acid is 1.8 x 10-4. We are here to answer for you 24...
Related Q & A:
- How many grams of BaF2 will dissolve in 0.496 L of a 0.104 M NaF solution?Best solution by answers.yahoo.com
- What is the pH of 0.256 M ammonium chloride NH4Cl?Best solution by answers.yahoo.com
- What is the molarity of the solution of the nitric acid?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers
- What is the frequency of radiation that has a wavelength of 0.952 µm?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers
- What is the pH at the equivalence point of a titration of a weak base with a strong acid?Best solution by chemguide.co.uk
Just Added Q & A:
- How many active mobile subscribers are there in China?Best solution by Quora
- How to find the right vacation?Best solution by bookit.com
- How To Make Your Own Primer?Best solution by thekrazycouponlady.com
- How do you get the domain & range?Best solution by ChaCha
- How do you open pop up blockers?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers