What is a codon and why are they important?
Let’s learn what is a codon and why are they important. The most accurate or helpful solution is served by ChaCha.
There are ten answers to this question.
why are there 3 bases per codon; - it is energetically more efficient to have 3 bases per codon - is it by pure chance, two would work - four would not code enough (20) amino acids - two would not code enougth (20) amino acids
None of those, but here's the answer your unimaginative teacher wants: - two would not code enougth...
A codon is, according to the Campbell Reece AP biology textbook, "a three nucleotide sequence of...
In my bio paper.. 'Flavr Savr' tomotoes are tomatoes that have been genetically modified so that they take longer than normal to ripen. This delay has been achieved by disabling a critical tomatoe gene so that it fails to produce a protein that is needed...
If both the sense and the nonsense are copied then there will be RNA strands capable of recognizing...
Each ATP or GTP cleavage generates ~40 kJ/molEach peptide bond costs ~160 kJ/mol in the cell,yet an...
Because you are trying to create a specific protein. That protein is made up of specific amino acids...
A nonsense mutation in the third codon of the lac repressor will: a prevent transcription of the lac operon in the presence of lactose b prevent binding of lac repressor to lac operator c prevent translation of b-galactosidase d prevent transcription...
A nonsense mutation is a genetic mutation in a DNA sequence that results in a shorter, unfinished protein...
what is the base sequence for the mRNA "start codon"
All mRNA base sequences start with A-U-G, which is known as methionine.
If a tRNA anticodon sequence is AAA, what would the mRNA codon be? a. TTT b. AAA c. UUU d. AUA I said b. AAA on the test, but it was wrong, and I'm doing teest corrections, but I couldn't find this in the book, so I need some help...
Its C. REMEMBER- A goes with U (in mRNA-tRNA) A goes with T (in DNA) U goes with A C goes with G G goes...
Related Q & A:
- What is Soil & Water Conservation? Why is it so important?Best solution by answers.com
- What are performance metrics and why are they important?Best solution by Quora
- What is visual language and why is it important?Best solution by en.wikipedia.org
- What is an MTU and why is it important?Best solution by techopedia.com
- What is a compound and why is it not a mixture?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers
Just Added Q & A:
- How many active mobile subscribers are there in China?Best solution by Quora
- How to find the right vacation?Best solution by bookit.com
- How To Make Your Own Primer?Best solution by thekrazycouponlady.com
- How do you get the domain & range?Best solution by ChaCha
- How do you open pop up blockers?Best solution by Yahoo! Answers